Breast surgery involves use of breast implants or fat transfer to enhance the volume and size of your boobs. The reasons for getting breast augmentation surgery are endless. You might have naturally small breasts or a skinny frame, or you have lost your breasts as a result of an illness or sudden weight loss. Breast enlargement procedure aims at accompanying:
• Increase the size
• Enhances your figure
• Improves your self esteem
Incisions and scars breast augmentation
All the procedures require small incisions which may lead to scar breast augmentation. There are 4 main regions of incisions:
• Incision in breast folds
• Incisions in areola
• Incision in the armpit
• Incision at belly button
The technique chosen for your surgery plays a key role in the intensity of scar breast augmentation. A good surgeon will ensure that the scars our beautifully concealed and are undetectable. The technique is chosen dependent on one of the following thins:
• Current anatomy of your breasts
• Your personal goals regarding the surgery.
• Use of saline or silicone.
Types of breast augmentation
Type of Breast enhancement procedure determines where you will acquire scars after the surgery and how quickly your scars will fade away:
Trans Axillary Breast Augmentation
For Trans Axillary Breast surgery, an incision in armpit is made in order to create pocket under the chest muscle. This approach is the best way to hide the scars as scar formation is in the boob region and not on the boob itself. Further procedures are applied to minimize the scars.
Following are the advantages of trans Axillary Augmentation:
• No visible scar formation.
• Scar blends in to the crease of armpit.
• No muscles are cut; incision is made on the tissue plane to create breast pockets.
• Both silicone and silica can be used in the process.
• It does not hinder process of breast feeding in the future.
• You won’t experience any numbness.
Following are the disadvantages of trans Axillary Breast enhancement surgery:
• Saline implants of any size can be used while silicone implants only up to a specified size is used.
• Scars-A 2 to 2.5 scar is sometimes difficult to hide if you have small under arms.
• Additional surgery for scar tissue removal might be required if you want to eliminate the scars from the armpit region.
Peri-Areolar Breast Augmentation
In this type of procedure, a tiny incision is made around the lower border of areola. As, the scar is on the areola, it is automatically concealed, especially in the women of color as they have a strong contrast between the boob and areola. It is ideal for women who do not have a well defined fold.
Following are the advantages of peri areolar breast augmentation:
• Scar can be hidden with the help of areolar tissue and color contrast.
• If you want to go for more than one surgery, it is good to choose this particular procedure.
• It is a great procedure for sagging breasts; you can think of them as a mini breast lift.
• It is a good procedure to hide scars, specifically when large silicone implants are used.
Following are the disadvantages of the procedure:
• Scar is the focal point of the breast.
• It is a highly sensitive procedure and requires great skill on the part of the surgeon.
• You might experience lack of sensation in the areola.
• Breast augmentation might or might not be affected depending upon the volume you require from breasts implantation procedure.
Infra Mammary Breast Augmentation
This particular Breast augmentation procedure is made within the breast fold and is ideal for those who have a defined breast fold. The incision made under the boob which makes the placement of implant extremely easy on the surgeon’s part.
Following are the advantages of Infra Mammary Breast surgery:
• Implant positioning and pocket creation is simple in this procedure.
• Women with deep folds can easily hide scars under them.
• It is a great approach for additional surgery.
• If your boobs are mildly sagging, this is a good approach for you.
• It minimizes the risk of capsular contracture formation.
• This technique is perfect for silicone implants.
• It does not have any effect on breast feeding in the future.
Following are the disadvantages of Infra Mammary Surgery:
• A scar is visible under the boobs.
• If you have smaller breasts, it is difficult to hide the scar.
• Wearing certain clothes with underwire will make your scar more visible.